- As part of your initial account setup
- To validate organization changes
- During random checks and validations
Not everyone is required to submit the reference letter, so do not initiate the request for a reference until we have asked you for it.
- The RescueGroups.org Veterinarian Reference Form
- A Veterinarian Reference Letter on veterinarian office letterhead
To obtain the documents:
- Download the RescueGroups.org Veterinarian Reference Form.
- Fill out the top of the form, labeled, To be completed by rescue organization.
- Sign the form in the field labeled, Organization's authorized signature.
- Ask your vet to complete the bottom of the form, To be completed by veterinarian.
- Also ask your vet to provide you with a reference letter on the veterinarian office letterhead that includes:
- The length of your professional relationship with this clinic
- The medical services the clinic commonly provides to your organization
- Both the Veterinarian Reference Letter and the Veterinarian Reference Form must refer to your organization by name. Using individual names of volunteers is acceptable and helpful, but must be in addition to, not instead of, the organization name.
- The form must be printed and signed by both the veterinarian and the organization's representative and must include the veterinarian's license number.
- The letter must be printed and signed by the veterinarian. If the letter is not signed, we cannot accept it.
Submitting the veterinarian reference documents
NOTE: If your vet prefers, the veterinary office may fax the form and the letter directly to RescueGroups.org at the fax number listed below and on the form.
The Veterinarian Reference Letter must be a physical letter and not simply an email. However, you may scan the physical letter and email it to us. The following are acceptable ways to submit the documents:
- Scan the letter and form and email them to email@example.com. Be sure to include your account number if you have an existing account with RescueGroups.org.
- Fax the letter and form to RescueGroups.org at (240) 630-4880.
- Mail the letter and form to RescueGroups.org at:
PO Box 1245
Bowie, MD 20718-1245