Where do I find it?
You can find the Outcomes page by going to Animals > Outcomes.
RescueGroups.org Outcome feature is an advanced feature available in our Data Management and Website Services. Our Intakes, Outcomes, and Adoptions features should be used together and are very useful for tracking an animal's progress through your organization with point in time data. An animal's primary record is a static record and therefore has some limitations - for example it can only store one received date or adopted date. However, as you are likely aware, animals may return to an organization more than once, and these advanced features help you to track all the specific dates, along with other relevant details, whenever an animal enters or leaves your organization's care. We highly recommend that your team utilize these additional records for each animal as it makes a much more complete picture of your organization's interaction with an animal over time. Another benefit to using Animal Intakes and Outcomes is reporting. Both the Asilomar report and custom reports pull data from the Intakes and Outcomes.
Each Outcome is related to a specific Animal Intake, so you must have previously added an Intake for the animal before you can add an Outcome. You can only have one Outcome for each Intake.
Add an Outcome
When an animal leaves your organization's care for any reason, you will want to track that action with an Outcome. Remember, you must have already created an Intake for an animal to be able to create an associated Outcome.
1. Open the appropriate Animal Record.
2. Select the Outcome link at the top of the animal record page.
3. Select Add an Outcome from the header bar.
4. In the first popup window, select the Outcome Type that best fits the situation. Outcomes occur for the following reasons: Adoption, Deceased, Euthanasia, Release, Returned to Owner, or Transfer
5. The animal name will be automatically entered, but ensure that the name is correct. The Outcome will list the corresponding Intake reason next to the name to help you confirm the animal.
6. Click Continue.
7. The next window will look similar to the Intake form, starting with the Basic Information section. The animal name will be automatically entered along with today’s date. You should edit the date to the exact date the animal left your care for best record-keeping. You also need to select the appropriate health condition of the animal at the time of the outcome. This information will be used in your Asilomar report.
8. In the middle section of the Outcome form, you will provide information related to the specific type of outcome, such as the owner contact a lost animal is returned to, or the place the animal was transferred to. You may need to add a contact to select the proper information here. You can do this by clicking the green plus icon.
If you have chosen the Outcome type of Adoption, you can associate an existing Adoption record right from this step! Just click the green icon next to the Adoption field to add the Adoption Record. An Adoption tracks different information than an Outcome, so we keep these features separate for cleaner record-keeping.
9. The final section of every Outcome type, 'More Information' is a place for you to include notes. Any additional information you can provide about the animal itself can be helpful to your organization or to future adopters.
10. Click Save to complete your Outcome.
Edit an Outcome
You can edit the details of an Outcome record, but you cannot change the type of Outcome once the record has been created. If you need to change the Type of Outcome (such as, switch an animal from Transfer Outcome to Adoption Outcome), you would want to delete the Outcome and recreate it with the correct Type.
To edit an Outcome, open the Outcome record and select the 'Edit' button at the bottom of the Outcome record. The Edit Outcome page will allow you to update the Outcome health condition, the Outcome date, the associated Adoption record, Notes on this Outcome, as well as Microchip information.
Delete an Outcome
Outcomes can only be deleted by a Site Admin. To complete this task, open the Outcome record and select the 'Delete' button at the bottom of the Outcome record.