Where do I find it?
To reactive a deleted account, go to Services > Account Administration > Data Recovery. See this page for instructions on the process.
Why has my user's Login account been deleted?
There are several causes for why a user account may have been deleted. Below are the most common:
- A Local Site Admin may have deleted the user account, for example, if the user was no longer active with the organization.
- If a User Login Account's email address is no longer valid, RescueGroups.org may automatically delete the user account to prevent large amounts of emails from bouncing back as undeliverable.
- RescueGroups.org may have deleted a user account if it was deemed a duplicate user account. RescueGroups.org no longer allows user accounts with duplicate email addresses or usernames, per organization. We communicate to the organization before taking this action, however.
Reactivating a User Login Account
To reactivate a deleted user, a local Site Admin must complete the following steps:
- Log in at RescueGroups.org and go to Services > Account Administration > Data Recovery. The resulting page lists all your options for data recovery.
- Click the Users link in the list.
- Locate the relevant username in the Users Data Recovery list and click the User Name.
- On User account page for that user, notice the user's status is listed as deleted. Click the Edit button.
Verify that the user account email address is correct, or update it as needed.
If the email address or username is a duplicate of any other user account (active or deleted) in the organization, then it cannot be reactivated. If needed, edit the email address and/or username to ensure these fields are unique when reactivating the user account.
- Change the user Status to Active.
- Click the Save User button in the lower left.
- Click the Reset Password button to send the user a notification of their account credentials.