We have updated our API Terms of Service. Please review the entire terms before continuing to use the API. Your use of the API means you accept and agree to the updated API Terms of Service found here: https://rescuegroups.org/api-terms-of-service/
October 5, 2019
The (beta) v5 API has been updated with major changes including:
- If an attribute or relationship doesn't exist (ie., is null), that element will no longer be returned in the result. This will result in smaller results transfer sizes and make it easier to read and understand result data.
- Compression (gzip) has been enabled on the API server.
- All entity meta properties are now returned as entity attributes. Meta is only provided at the top-level of the response data.
- The top-level meta data now includes more information about the request and results, including a transactionId that can be used when requesting assistance from RescueGroups.org.
- We're simplifying the API by removing endpoints that weren't being used.
- Documentation: Endpoints are now grouped so that all endpoints of the same type (eg., animals) are together.
February 15, 2018
Developer Alpha Preview released for our new v5 API.
May 24th, 2014
The Test server has been updated with the following changes:
animalPictures response has been updated to allow us to return an unlimited number of variants of each picture. Currently you can expect to find the following picture types:
original: this is a new picture type, and will be the original uploaded image (no limit on size or dimensions) starting 5/1/2014. For pictures uploaded before then, it will be identical to the "large" picture.
large: this used to be the fullsize picture, and should be 500px wide.
small: this used to be the thumbnail, and should be 100px width.