October 5, 2019
The (beta) v5 API has been updated with major changes including:
- If an attribute or relationship doesn't exist (ie., is null), that element will no longer be returned in the result. This will result in smaller results transfer sizes and make it easier to read and understand result data.
- Compression (gzip) has been enabled on the API server.
- All entity meta properties are now returned as entity attributes. Meta is only provided at the top-level of the response data.
- The top-level meta data now includes more information about the request and results, including a transactionId that can be used when requesting assistance from RescueGroups.org.
- We're simplifying the API by removing endpoints that weren't being used.
- Documentation: Endpoints are now grouped so that all endpoints of the same type (eg., animals) are together.
February 15, 2018
Developer Alpha Preview released for our new v5 API.
May 24th, 2014
The Test server has been updated with the following changes: