For information about the Voice Mail service (including the features and cost) please visit our website:
Before you begin to set up your voice mail service, consider the following:
- How many menu options (mailboxes) do you want?
- Which mailboxes will have a voice mail box? Some options may have a greeting only, and others will also accept voice mail messages.
- Who (if anyone) will receive email alerts when a message is left in a mailbox?
We would recommend that you write out (or type into a document) the main greeting and each of the mailbox greetings. In the future, if you need to update any of the greetings you can simply update your documents and rerecord.
If you don't configure the mailbox to delete the audio recording it will still be available over the phone or on the web. You will need to delete the messages yourself so that the mailbox doesn’t fill up (maximum of 100 messages in each mailbox). Please see Deleting voice mail messages for additional instructions.
Getting started with the Voice Mail Service
- Voice Mail System Menu
- Recording your main voice mail greeting
- Recording mailbox greetings
- Configuring a mailbox without a greeting
- Listening to your voice mail messages
- Transferring your current phone number
- Logging in to a voice mailbox with your web browser
- Setting the password for a mailbox
- Deleting voice mail messages
Creating a voice mailbox
Where do I find it?
You can find the Add a Mailbox page by going to Services > Voice Mail: Mailboxes and clicking Add a Mailbox.
A mailbox (without voice mail) is created for you. A default password is set for you -- you may change that password at any time.
If you plan to allow your callers to leave a message in this mailbox, change the Allow Messages to Yes and click Save Mailbox. Then enter information for the following fields (if applicable):
- Mailbox Number:* Select the mailbox number to use from the drop-down list of available mailboxes.
- Allow Messages:* Select if you would like your callers to be able to leave a message in this mailbox.
- Mailbox Name:* Your internal name for the mailbox, like "Adoptions."
- Email Address: Address to send an email alert when someone leaves a message (supports only one email address)
- Pager Address: Text pager address to send an email alert when someone leaves a message (supports only one email address)
- Attach Recording:* Should an audio file of the message be attached to the email alert?
- Delete Recording:* Should the server delete the message after the recording is emailed to you? If you do not have the system delete the message you will need to login and delete messages on a regular basis. Each mailbox will hold up to 100 voice mail messages.
- Say Envelope:* Do you want to hear the date and time of the message in the recording?
- Say Caller ID:* Do you want to hear the caller's phone number in the recording?
- Password:* Enter the password you would like to use for the mailbox.
Setting your master password
Where do I find it?
You can find the Voice Mail Master Password by going to Services > Voice Mail: Master Password.
The Master Password is used to record all of your greetings, including the main greeting and all mailbox greetings.
Enter your new master password and click the Save Master Password button.
Logging in to a voice mailbox with your web browser
If you login to your voice mail mailbox and there aren't any messages shown, try using a different web browser. We have heard reports that certain web browsers don't display the messages correctly.