Currently there is not a way for you to import contacts yourself, however, we can import contacts for you, if you provide the data in a CSV file using the format we need to import.
We've created a very simple Excel spreadsheet that might help you with your contacts data file format. It's meant to be a help if you need RescueGroups.org to do a one-time quick import of your contacts. Download the sample data file here.
A few notes so that you can format the contacts data file correctly for import:
- First and last name must be separate columns
- Zip/postal code and Plus4 must be separate columns
- The state column should use only the 2 letter state abbreviation
- Work number and extension must be separate columns
- Street, city, state must be separate columns
- Email address fields should be only one address
- Contacts have one general comment field, so any additional information can be combined into that column
- Active, Caretaker Public and Send Mail are required Yes/No fields
- Class is a required field (possible values included in Sample Data File)
Columns that we can import (see the full list in the attached sample file):
- Firstname, Lastname
- Street, City, State, Zip/Postal Code, Plus4
- Email Address
- Alternate Email Address
- Home, Cell and Work phones
- Comment - combine all other information into one column
- Groups (Volunteer, Adopter, Donor, etc) – see Contact Groups list
For assistance with importing your contacts, please contact support.