Where do I find it?
You can find the News Articles page by going to Features > News Articles.
The following actions are available for News with the specified service and user roles:
|View||Able to view the News Articles||Web Site Service |
|Add||Able to add News Articles||Web Site Service |
|Edit||Able to edit News Articles||Web Site Service |
|Delete||Able to delete News Articles||Web Site Service |
The Data Management Service provides the ability to add news articles.
The Website Service includes the ability to display news articles on your RescueGroups.org website. Your visitors can also choose to receive e-mail alerts when you add new news items (on their My Options page).
Enable the News Articles Feature
- Click on the Settings Icon.
- Click Yes next to Enable the News Articles feature.
- Click Save.
Adding a news article
- Click on Add an Article.
- When you are working with news articles you have the following fields available:
Title:* The title of the news article.
- Date:* The date you want to use for the news article.
- Description:* The text of the new article.
- If you want to add more than one news article, select the check box next to Add another before clicking save.
- Click Save to save any changes.
Need more space on your screen to type your news article? You can stretch the editor window. Use your mouse to click and grab the little gray arrow in the bottom right hand side of the editor to stretch it taller etc.
Editing a news article
- Click the edit icon next to a news story to edit the article.
Deleting a news article
- Select the check box next to the news article you want to delete.
- From the Actions drop down, select Delete.