Where do I find it?
You can find the Inventory page by going to Features > Inventory.
The following actions are available for Inventory Items with the specified service and user roles:
Able to view Inventory Items
Able to add Inventory Items
Able to edit Inventory Items
Web Site Service
Able to delete Inventory Items
Web Site Service
The inventory feature allows you to track items that you may want to check out to volunteers or the community. Items like humane traps and pet carriers.
When an inventory item is checked out, the current location will be the contact who checked out the item and a hyperlink to that contact will appear. When the item is returned, the current location will be the default storage location entered for the inventory item.
Adding an inventory item
- Click on Add an Item.
- Edit Inventory Item.
- Save Inventory Item. If you will be adding another item, click the checkbox for Add Another before saving.
If you will be loaning more than one of this type of item, you may want to leave this number at one, and add additional items separately.
- Disposed Date. You don't need to use this field unless you are disposing of the item.
- Disposed Destination. You don't need to use this field unless you are disposing of the item.
Deleting an inventory item
- Click on a check box next to the inventory item.
- From the Actions dropdown, select Delete.
Editing an inventory item
- Click on the edit icon next to the inventory item.
- Make your edits.
- Click Save Inventory Item
Here's an example of when you may want to edit an inventory item Storage Location.
Let's say the storage location is "Michelle's Garage", but the new location will be "Nicole's Garage"; or perhaps the new storage location of some pet carriers will now be at one of the adoption centers. You can edit the storage location for the individual specific pet carriers that will be used for that adoption center.