Your RescueGroups.org account is able to upload your adoptable pet data to the Adopt-a-Pet.com website.
In order to upload your pets to Adopt-a-Pet.com you must first have an account with them. If you don't already have one please visit their website to sign-up, and continue this setup process after you have an approved account.
It's really important that you be sure you have added all of your pets to your RescueGroups.org pet list before enabling the import in your Adopt-a-Pet.com account, because when you do, all pets, including available and adopted, will be deleted and replaced with the available pets from your RescueGroups.org pet list.
If you'd like to add the pets from your Adopt-a-Pet.com to your RescueGroups.org account, or if you'd like to have your Adopt-a-Pet.com pets in a data file for backup purposes please contact Support before you setup the import from RescueGroups.org.
If you are unsure, please contact RescueGroups.org Support before continuing.
Do the following to setup your export to Adopt-a-Pet.com and the import into their system:
- Login to your Adopt-a-Pet.com account.
- Click Shelter/Rescue > Manage My Auto-Upload Account from the menu.
- In the Select a default profile according to your shelter software drop down, select RescueGroups.org from the list.
- When you make that selection, the following options should be selected for you:
- Do you want to allow your shelter/rescue to AutoUpload will be set to Yes.
- Allow manually added pets will be set to No.
- Allow manual editing of pets will be set to No.
- Does your exported data file contain a first line with column headers will be set to Yes.
- Do you want to import acceptable pets, even if there are processing errors with other pets will be set to Yes.
- Near the bottom of the page, click the Update My AutoUpload Settings button (or if you haven't set up AutoUploading before, the button says Set Up instead of Update).
- The page will reload. Go near the bottom of the page again, and click the Email My Account Info to RescueGroups.org button.
- Click My Info and check I am an AutoUpload contact for this shelter/rescue.
RescueGroups.org will receive your account information. If we have any questions we will contact you. You will receive an email from us when your export to Adopt-a-Pet.com has been added and enabled.