Data tables are simply tables with columns and rows of information. They allow you to manipulate the information in the table, arranging it in a coherent and meaningful way for your purposes.
Data tables provide a flexible way of viewing and managing data so that you can easily find the information you need.
Where do I find it?
Data is presented in Data Tables throughout the RescueGroups.org management service.
With data tables you can:
- Quickly sort by the headings
- Change your view (change to one of the other built-in views)
- Create custom views (change the fields and field order)
- Share your custom view
- Export your view to a spreadsheet
- Add filters to your data table views
- and more!
All data tables have the same look and feel. Most data tables have the same controls, buttons, and options.
Some common data tables are:
- Animals > Animals List
- Contacts > Contacts List
- Website > Web Pages List
Here is an example of the Animals Data Table.