Here's a video about the Pet Adoption Portal that we hope you'll enjoy.
A few of the benefits of using the Portal:
- Single-site updating of all the major adoption listing websites.
- Completely and totally free service, nothing to buy, no fee for data uploads, no charges!
- No forced advertisements in your pet descriptions.
- No forced pet list scroller on your website.
- Ease of setup because we do most of the work for you, including getting set up with most of the adoption listing site AND adding your animals!
- Ease of use: update one site to update all.
- Data and picture exports available at any time.
- Peace of mind: we never delete your data.
Where to Start
We recommend these steps before you begin setting up your service:
- Review the Getting started with RescueGroups.org guide.
- Review this Getting started with the Pet Adoption Portal section.
- Review your organization's contact information for accuracy and as a refresher to you.
- Add your animals. For more information about adding animals, see the Animals section of this guide.
- Enable exports.
- Add volunteers.
Don't worry. If this is all overwhelming, we're here for you! You can open a support ticket with us at any time.
Do you need help?
If at any time you don't understand the instructions or you're stumped, just send us a support ticket and we'll be glad to help you - either to get started or to continue managing your account.
Open a support ticket by using the fields on the left navigation bar at https://rescuegroups.org/support/. You can also update your existing support ticket with new information or questions.
The first steps
The information in this Getting Started section will take you through the following steps:
- Submitting a veterinarian reference letter should it be requested of your organization
- Logging in to your account
- Learning what to expect from the setup process
- Getting familiar with the account interface
- Learning how information is organized in your account
- Learning about adding and managing your adoptable animals
- Learning about adding and managing your contacts
- How to search for information in your account
- Information about our services and those you've signed up for
- Roles, Security, and Permissions in your account
- Learning about free tools to help you manage your animal information
- Account adminstration
- Getting support
- Your FTP account